Truth, Virtue & the Tyranny of the Majority
“SEEKING SOCRATES” tells of one man who would not be silenced, who stood against the tyranny of the majority, and risked everything in the name of Truth…even his life. Set in Classical Greece, during a time of war, this story asks: “Is it better to live…or to live well?” The Conscience of Athens, Socrates teaches us that “the unexamined life is not worth living” and that true happiness comes to those who are willing to live by the dictates of their inner knowing…no matter the cost.
- “As educators, we are fueled by those small but powerful moments when a student steps out of their comfort zone and stretches their thinking. Thank you Spirit Series!”— Michele KenistonPrincipal, Berwick ME
- “Exquisite… Vitally important… Extremely engaging and effective.”Harvard Graduate School of Education2011
- It was an honor doing Spirit Series — I will remember it for the rest of my life!Maria Aguilar8th Grade
- Spirit Series is one of the most amazing curricula I have seen in my four decades of public education.Janet ChapmanPrincipal, Rosewood Elementary School
- This program should be in every school across America!William Donovan6th Grade Parent
- “The process was great! Working with my Writing Buddy really helped.”— Keiran Rao10th Grade, San Francisco CA