The Quest for Knowledge & the Holy Inquisition
“GALILEO’S CRIME” tells the tale of the “father of science,” and the heavy price he must pay when his revolutionary views clash with those held by the most powerful institution of his time: the Roman Catholic Church. Caught between his faith and his reason, Galileo must defy the Church he cherishes in order to make known what he has seen with his own eyes: “It moves”—the earth revolves around the sun. Although 400 years old, and set amid the Holy Inquisition, this story of Right vs. Might is still vitally important today.
- “Their stories made me cry! These kids said amazing things and just blew me away.”— Marne TrevesLAUSD Teacher, Los Angeles CA
- It was an honor doing Spirit Series — I will remember it for the rest of my life!Maria Aguilar8th Grade
- “It changed my life — Spirit Series!”Dominika Peikos7th Grade
- “As educators, we are fueled by those small but powerful moments when a student steps out of their comfort zone and stretches their thinking. Thank you Spirit Series!”— Michele KenistonPrincipal, Berwick ME
- “The process was great! Working with my Writing Buddy really helped.”— Keiran Rao10th Grade, San Francisco CA
- “Exquisite… Vitally important… Extremely engaging and effective.”Harvard Graduate School of Education2011