Dear Parents and Families,
Imagine: gazing for the first time on a mysterious people from a land across the sea, or being welcomed by Moctezuma II and his magnificent City of Gold, with Cortes at your side. Thanks to support from your school as well as generous assistance from foundations, corporate sponsors, and many private donors, your student has the opportunity to take part in an amazing three-week learning adventure. For one hour each day, he/she will immerse themselves in a world far beyond the classroom — studying, co-writing, staging, and performing an inspirational one-act SPIRIT SERIES play:
The Conquistador’s Wife
This unique educational experience — acclaimed by the Harvard Graduate School of Education — has been classroom-tested by 40,000 students from California to Maine. Designed to fully engage and challenge your student, SPIRIT SERIES promotes authentic literacy, higher-level thinking, positive core values, presentation skills, teamwork, character, and self-esteem.
And you can join in! Find a link to your school’s special webpage at:
The success of this curriculum—founded by a concerned parent in 2001 — depends on your engagement and support. In the next three weeks, your student may be bringing home written assignments, journals, and a craft project. If so, please assist them in completing these important tasks. You may also wish to read the play, available on this website, and discuss together its themes — forgiveness and acceptance of those who are different than you. This drama-based experience promises to be of true significance to your student. Thank you for your active participation.
We hope to see you at the show!
— SPIRIT SERIES STAFF
- “It changed my life — Spirit Series!”Dominika Peikos7th Grade
- It was an honor doing Spirit Series — I will remember it for the rest of my life!Maria Aguilar8th Grade
- This program should be in every school across America!William Donovan6th Grade Parent
- “Exquisite… Vitally important… Extremely engaging and effective.”Harvard Graduate School of Education2011
- Spirit Series is one of the most amazing curricula I have seen in my four decades of public education.Janet ChapmanPrincipal, Rosewood Elementary School
- It's time we tend to the spirit of our children!Sonia MillerPrincipal, Samuel Gompers Middle School