The Conquistador’s Wife
La Malinche and the Conquest of Mexico
“CONQUISTADOR’S WIFE” tells of the Encounter—the Conquest of Mexico—as seen through the eyes of a young native girl, Malinali, who befriends “Strangers” landing on her shores in search of empire and gold. Seeking vengeance through Cortez for the death of her father at the hands of Moctezuma, she discovers the power of forgiveness instead. While this story is 500 years old, the questions it asks are still with us today: was Malinali a hero or a traitor? How do we view those who seem “different:” with suspicion or curiosity, as enemy or friend?FAMILIES TEACHERS
— Toltec Wisdom
only this will set you free.
Use them for love and truth.
— Don Miguel Ruiz
- “As educators, we are fueled by those small but powerful moments when a student steps out of their comfort zone and stretches their thinking. Thank you Spirit Series!”— Michele KenistonPrincipal, Berwick ME
- It's time we tend to the spirit of our children!Sonia MillerPrincipal, Samuel Gompers Middle School
- This program should be in every school across America!William Donovan6th Grade Parent
- It was an honor doing Spirit Series — I will remember it for the rest of my life!Maria Aguilar8th Grade
- Spirit Series is one of the most amazing curricula I have seen in my four decades of public education.Janet ChapmanPrincipal, Rosewood Elementary School
- “The process was great! Working with my Writing Buddy really helped.”— Keiran Rao10th Grade, San Francisco CA