SPIRIT SERIES began as a parent initiative.
Founded by a concerned father, the program depends upon support from parents and families for its success. Thousands of family members have attended their student’s finale performances. Parents regularly volunteer during the SERIES three-week residencies, whether working one-on-one with students on their lines in the classroom, at craft clinics, or dressing cast members on finale day.
“SPIRIT SERIES is profound!”
— Karen Shapiro, Parent, Village Glen West School
Parent-Teacher organizations (PTOs) often make crucial contributions to underwrite a portion of the program’s cost at their schools. And families, inspired by their student’s SPIRIT SERIES experience, are some of the most vocal advocates for the program’s renewal at partner schools each year. In fact, many of our school partners were first introduced to the SERIES by impassioned parents.
ENGAGE WITH YOUR STUDENTS AT HOME
LEARN ABOUT US
- “It changed my life — Spirit Series!”Dominika Peikos7th Grade
- It was an honor doing Spirit Series — I will remember it for the rest of my life!Maria Aguilar8th Grade
- In nearly 30 years of teaching, I have never experienced any program with such long-reaching effects as Spirit Series.Robin Winston4th Grade Teacher
- “Their stories made me cry! These kids said amazing things and just blew me away.”— Marne TrevesLAUSD Teacher, Los Angeles CA
- It's time we tend to the spirit of our children!Sonia MillerPrincipal, Samuel Gompers Middle School
- “As educators, we are fueled by those small but powerful moments when a student steps out of their comfort zone and stretches their thinking. Thank you Spirit Series!”— Michele KenistonPrincipal, Berwick ME
- Spirit Series is one of the most amazing curricula I have seen in my four decades of public education.Janet ChapmanPrincipal, Rosewood Elementary School